Ingredients for Nil Rouge Syrup:
2 cups water
¼ cup Nil Rouge tea leaves
1 Tablespoon honey
½ cup cups sugar
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 oz goat cheese
8 oz mascarpone cheese
8 oz brie or camembert (with outer skin removed)
¼ cup chopped figs
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup dried mango
¼ chopped dried mandarin oranges
¼ cup pecans
- First prepare the syrup.
- Steep the tea in the water…simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the honey – sugar – lemon juice and vanilla and stir.
- Remove from heat, strain the syrup into a clean bowl and add the dried fruit and nuts.
- Allow to cool.
- In a small loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper or saran, spread the goat cheese in an even layer on the bottom.
- Sprinkle on 1/3 cup of the syrup with the fruit.
- Top with the camembert or brie.
- Press the loaf down gently using parchment or saran.
- Reserve the rest of the syrup and nuts.
- Wrap the loaf with the cheese and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be made a couple of days ahead and refrigerated.
- To serve: tip the loaf onto a serving plate and remove the paper or wrap.
- Drizzle on the remaining syrup and nuts!
- Serve with crackers, and Oh!! My!!
NOTE: the Nil Rouge syrup can be used over ice cream, cake or whatever your imagination.
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
Copyright The Cultured Cup