Russian Caravan Pulled Pork
This recipe was curated for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
Cooking with tea recipes can add amazing flavor to your dishes. We love this pulled pork recipe with our Chinese Russian Caravan. It adds a lovely smoky tone and depth of flavor. Perfect for a summer barbecue or cook out!
- 4 lbs pulled pork
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups steeped Russian Caravan tea
- 2 Tbsp oil
Directions:1. Stir together the spices.
2. Cut pork into large pieces.
3. Combine the brown sugar with the spice mixture and rub onto pork pieces
Note : this can be done the night before.
4. Pre Heat the oven to 300°F.
5. Heat the oil in heavy duty pan with lid.
6. Brown the pork in batches in the oil until all are browned
7. Pour the tea over the meat.
8. Cover with lid and cook for 3 hours or until the pork is very tender. Stirring occasionally.
10. Remove from oven and shred with a fork.
11. Serve with taco shells or tortillas and barbecue sauce if desired.