'Cheer' Mince Pies
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
- 2 boxes of pastry dough
- 1 jar mincemeat
- 1/4 cup Ginger Black Tea (or another strong tea of your prefrence)
- 1 egg white
- sugar for sprinkling
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Stir the tea into the mincemeat.
- Cut rounds of pastry and line the [buttered] bases in small cupcake pan. Cut smaller rounds to fit top
- Fill shells with mincemeat mixture.
- Set pastry ‘lids; on top.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on lower rung of oven for about 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dust with confectioners sugar once cooled.
Copyright The Cultured Cup