Pumpkin Cake with Crème de Earl Grey Whipped Cream
Nick Malgieri's Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 3 cup all purpase flour (spoon into measure & level)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Set rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 350F
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl and wisk
- Place brown sugar in a mixing bowl and using a large rubber spatula work in 1/3 of the pumpkin a little at a time until there are no lumps of brown sugar.
- Use a whisk to incorporate remaining pumpkin, eggs and oil, adding them one at a time and stirring to combine between additions.
- Whisk in dry ingredients 1/3 at a time.
- Pile batter into a 9x13x2 pan that has been buttered and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Let stand for 5 min then un-mold onto a rack, turn right side up and cool completely.
note: Cake may be wrapped & frozen for up to 1 month.
Cultured Cup's Whipped Cream flavored with Earl Grey Tea
- 3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Crème de Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Place cream and tea leaves in a saucepan and heat gently
- Allow the tea leaves to marinate in the cream for 20 min then remove from heat
- Strain and cool the cream, pressing the tea against the strainer to extract all the liquid
- Whisk in the sugar to soft peaks
Serve with the cake