Passion Fruit Curd
- 4 oz butter
- ½ cup defrosted passion fruit pulp [see note]
- 2 Tablespoons Cultured cup St Valentine Black tea [divided]
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- .Steep 1 Tablespoon of the tea in the pulp - strain.
- .Place butter in microwavable bowl add other Tablespoon of tea.
- .Microwave on high for 1 minute – strain.
- Return strained butter to bowl and add the strained passion fruit , sugar and yolks and stir well.
- .Microwave on High for 2 minutes. Stir.
- .Microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- .If necessary continue to microwave on high every 30 seconds until the curd is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- .Draw your finger across the back of the spoon – if it leaves a trail the curd is done
- .Spoon into small clean jars.
- .Note: Goya Passion UNSWEETENED fruit pulp is available in the freezer section of most Fiesta Supermarkets.
- Do NOT used canned sweetened passion fruit juice.
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
Copyright The Cultured Cup
This sounds so good!