- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 oz butter – melted
- ½ teaspoon Kyoto Matcha
- ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- . Pre-heat oven to 375.
- . Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- . Using a round cutter draw 2-3 rounds on the parchment paper.
- . Beat the egg whites until fluffy - then add the sugar and continue beating until you have a light batter.
- . Beat in the butter, matcha, lemon juice, and water.
- . Stir in the flour until no traces are evident.
- . Drop ONE Tablespoon of batter onto the drawn rounds on the parchment and using the back of a spoon spread the batter onto the 3” as evenly as possible [This is VERY important as the cookie needs to bake evenly] Do not attempt to bake more than 3 cookies at a time.
- . Bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- . Remove from oven and immediately flip a cookie onto the other side – fold up and slip the fortune inside. Using the edge of a cup or the muffin pan fold the ends down into fortune cookie shape. Place in the muffin pan to cool Repeat with the other cookies.
- . Hints: If one cookie appears to brown a little faster than the others – you can go ahead and remove it from the oven and complete the process without waiting for the other cookies to achieve the right color.
- . Warning : Since the cookie is still very hot when you are folding and placing in muffin pan use plastic gloves or paper when folding.
- . Makes aprox 25 fortune cookies.
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
Copyright The Cultured Cup
Adapted from Homemade Fortune cookies/ 15 Spatulas