London Fog Latte
- 1 1/4 cup milk (any you prefer)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 heaped tablespoon Earl Grey Provence loose tea
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender for garnish
- pinch of cardamom (optional)
- .Boil 1 1/4 cups of water on the stovetop or use an electric kettle with a temperature setting, setting the water temperature to 208°F..
- .Combine tea, lavender buds, and hot water in a teapot. Cover teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
- .Strain tea leaves and stir in brown sugar, vanilla extract and cardamom.
- .Heat milk on the stovetop by simmering on low until it gets hot. Keep careful watch to make sure the milk doesn't come to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- .Using a brother, froth the milk until it is light and frothy.
- .Pour tea into two cups, pour in frothed milk.
- .Garnish with dried lavender buds.
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Shamilla Yeary
Copyright The Cultured Cup