Chicken Salad with Thé au Tibet Tea
- 2 cups strong Thé au Tibet Tea (4 heaping teaspoons tea to 2 cups water)
- 6 chicken tenders
- Zest of 2 tangerines or oranges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sliced dried mango
- Chopped mint
- . Marinate the chicken tenders in the tea for a couple hours [or leave overnight].
- . Pour into a saucepan-add the tangerine zest and bring to the boil-immediately reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- . Turn off the heat, cover, and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- . Strain chicken tenders and cut into small pieces Reserve tea.
- . Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper.
- . Add 1-2 Tablespoons reserved tea to the mayonnaise and stir into the chicken.
- . Top with the dried mango slices and chopped mint.
- . Note: this salad may also be served on rice which has been cooked in leftover The au Tibet tea.