Midnight Masala Chai (DECAF)
This variant is currently sold out.
Do you love Masala Chai, but can't have all the caffeine? Announcing Midnight Masala Chai, our first Decaffeinated spiced tea. Filled with flavor, this black tea contains cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 3-5 min. For an authentic Masala Chai experience, boil tea in hot water and add sweetened condensed milk.
- Black pepper gives this masala chai a warming note and vanilla smooths the spice.
- Decaffeinated tea contains 97% less caffeine when compared with caffeinated tea.
- The Assam black tea used as the base of most chai is a strong, malty tea that won't find its flavor overwhelmed by the addition of milk and spices
- For an incredible dessert, steep this tea extra strong and blend the resulting tea with your favorite vanilla ice cream—a delicious, spicy, and creamy Masala Chai ice cream
- In the 1830s, the British became concerned about the Chinese monopoly on tea and began to grow tea in India and Ceylon
- In 1870, over 90% of the tea consumed in Britain was from China, but by 1900 this had dropped to 10%, replaced by tea grown in India and Ceylon
- Consumption of black tea within India remained low until a promotional campaign by the British-owned Indian Tea Association in the early 20th century encouraged factories, mines, and textile mills to provide tea breaks for their workers in the English style, with milk and sugar
- The Indian Tea Association disapproved of independent tea vendors' tendency to add spices, milk, and sugar because it reduced the usage and purchase of tea
- Masala Chai outlasted the British and established itself as a popular beverage in India and the rest of the world
- Masala means "spice mixture" and chai simply means "tea"
- Greek yogurt
- Bacon or sausage and eggs
- Spicy appetizers
- Spicy Indian or Thai cuisine
- Spicy barbecued meats
- Any chocolate or cream dessert with cinnamon or cardamom
- Indian rice pudding
- Buttered toffee
- Passionfruit caramels
India, DECAF Assam black tea, black pepper, cloves, ginger, cinnamon pieces, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla flavoring.