In November 2020, The Cultured Cup celebrated its 25th year in business. Our history is filled with many stories and experiences we love to share. Here are just a few:
- Our first location was an existing coffee shop. After changing the shop's name to The Cultured Cup, we traveled throughout Asia and Europe to find new teas and coffees to share with our customers.
- During a trip to France, we established a long-term relationship with Mariage Frères, one of the most exclusive European tea brands. This partnership broadened our understanding of artisan teas, and we've shared what we learned with our customers throughout the U.S.
- We've partnered with renowned local chefs and wine experts to pair teas with their food and wine, applying what we've learned from our travels.
- We're continually educating ourselves about tea and coffee. Kyle studied at the Specialty Tea Institute and became the first Certified Tea Specialist in Texas, while Phil visited La Minita coffee plantation in Costa Rica, where he picked coffee and learned about every step of quality coffee production. We've both explored how different cultures prepare and serve tea and coffee.
- In 2011, we evolved again. Instead of staying in a traditional retail location, we moved to a new location, rebranded, and opened a speakeasy-style Tasting Room, where we've held almost 1,000 private and public tea and coffee tastings. Our all-day Saturday tastings and weekday private tastings continue to attract a community of both loyal and new customers of diverse ages, cultures, and tea and coffee experience levels.
Now it's your turn to be part of our history by joining The Cultured Cup's community and letting us be your flavor guides on your tea or coffee adventure.