Mississippi Sunshine Mango Curd
- 4 oz butter
- ¼ cup mango puree
- ¼ cup Mississippi Sunshine tea leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- .Melt the butter in the microwave with the tea leaves for 1 minute.
- .Remove from microwave and allow to steep for 15 – 20 minutes.
- .Strain off the tea leaves, pressing against the spoon to extract as much tea flavor as possible.
- .Add the yolks, sugar and mango puree to the melted strained butter add lemon juice to taste.
- .Whisk well to blend and microwave on high for 1 minute. Take out and whisk again
- .Return to the microwave for another 30 seconds and repeat the whisking.
- .If necessary continue to microwave on high every 30 seconds until the curd is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- .The mixture should be thickened – but if not – return the bowl and microwave on High for another 20 – 30 seconds until the curd coats the back of the spoon
- .Spread some cling film on top of the curd and cool to room temperature.
- .Spoon into small clean jars, keep refrigerated.
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren
Copyright The Cultured Cup