Ingredients for Cookies
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- ½ cup molasses or dark corn syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups currants or craisins
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
Directions for Cookies
- . Beat together the soft butter and sugar.
- . Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- . Chill dough (which will be soft) for 12- 24 hours.
- . Preheat oven to 350.
- . Drop teaspoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, allowing for spreading
- . Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookie has risen and then fallen Allow to cool completely before removing from the paper
Copyright The Cultured Cup
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Kyra Effren