Matcha Bamboo Scoop
This product is currently sold out.
Measure matcha like a pro.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This bamboo utensil is used to scoop powdery matcha from its tin and place the tea in a bowl for whisking
- With a bit of practice, you can properly portion the correct amount of matcha for your taste
- Made of bamboo
- Length: 7"
- The Japanese Tea Ceremony can last several hours and is the ultimate practice of “being in the moment”
- Not just each step of the ceremony, but each movement made by the host preparing the tea is carefully choreographed, and takes years of study to master
- One of our favorite stories about the contrast between American and Japanese cultures occurred when an American studying the Japanese tea ceremony for several years invited his American mother to watch him conduct a tea ceremony
- After the ceremony was completed, the Mother said to her son, “there must be a faster way to make a pot of tea”
- In Western culture, the beginning and the end are most important, but in the world of the Japanese tea ceremony, every movement and moment is important, and the incredible focus and concentration it takes to remain “in the moment” is greatly valued