Mariage Frères Organic Tea Collection No. 2 1 oz
This product is currently sold out
The Cultured Cup has 25 years of experience with Mariage Frères, the iconic French tea company. Collection № 2 contains five "best of the best" Mariage organic teas packaged in a gift box. Each tea comes from a Jardin Premier+, which meets the strict European standard for tea purity. Bon appetit!
The Collection is boxed, labeled, and tied with a ribbon. Substitutions may be made due to product availability.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier+ is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Prince Igor: an intriguing and regal blend of organic black and green teas with luscious tropical fruits and flowers.
- Earl Grey Imperial: a brisk and medium-bodied tea flavored with the world's finest oil of bergamot. Delicious with or without milk and sugar, it is said to be the favored blend of Queen Elizabeth.
- Thé à l'Opéra: the spiritual refinement of green tea flavored with vanilla and red fruits meets the sensual and melodic beauty of opera.
- Marco Polo Rouge: Marco Polo Rouge is the caffeine-free rooibos version of Mariage Frères' own masterpiece and will help you travel to distant and mysterious lands.
- French Breakfast: this perfect marriage of full-bodied and elegant Chinese black teas produces rounded notes of malt and vanilla, with a creamy and velvety finish. One of our most popular teas!
- Tea first came to France from the Dutch in the 17th century, a few years before it arrived in England.
- Madame de Sévigné (1626–1696), a notable figure in French literature and famous court letter writer, provides evidence that the French were actually the first to put milk in their tea.
- According to Madame de Sévigné, Madame de Sablière (1640–1693) actually “took milk with her tea” to prevent the piping hot beverage from damaging her eggshell teacups.
- Today, the French approach tea as they do wine and gastronomy — they want to know the origin, the estate, the processing, and the expected flavor profiles of each tea.
- Prince Igor: Chinese organic black tea, sunflower blossoms, peach, apricot, and mango flavorings
- Earl Grey Provence: India, Darjeeling organic first flush black tea, oil of bergamot natural flavoring
- Thé à l'Opéra: Chinese organic green tea, red fruits flavoring
- Marco Polo Rouge: South African organic rooibos, red fruit and floral flavorings
- French Breakfast: India Assam organic black tea, dark chocolate and dark caramel flavorings