Mariage Frères Organic Tea Collection № 2 -NEW!
This variant is currently sold out
The Cultured Cup has 25 years of experience with Mariage Frères, the iconic French tea company. Collection № 2 contains five "best of the best" Mariage organic teas packaged in a gift box. Each tea comes from a Jardin Premier+, which meets the strict European standard for tea purity. Bon appetit!
Your choice of either 1 or 2 oz of all five teas. The Collection is boxed, labeled and tied with a ribbon.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Boléro: A refreshing and exotic black tea from Mariage Frères with Mediterranean fruits and flowers.
- Earl Grey Provence: This flavorful Earl Grey takes you to Provence with a sprinkling of wild lavender flowers and the world's finest oil of bergamot.
- Thé à l'Opéra: The spiritual refinement of green tea flavored with vanilla and red fruits meets the sensual and melodic beauty of opera.
- Marco Polo Rouge: Marco Polo Rouge is the caffeine-free rooibos version of Mariage Frères' own masterpiece and will help you travel to distant and mysterious lands.
- French Breakfast: This glamorous blend is steeped in the passion that weds the perfect tea with chocolate and caramel. Wedding Impérial is romantic and magical. One sip and you'll fall in love.
- Tea first came to France from the Dutch in the 17th Century, a few years before it arrived in England
- Madame de Sévigné (1626-1696), a notable figure in French literature and famous court letter writer, provides evidence that the French were actually the first to put milk in their tea
- According to Madame de Sévigné, Madame de Sablière (1640-1693) actually “took milk with her tea” to prevent the piping hot beverage from damaging her eggshell teacups
- Today, the French approach tea as they do wine and gastronomy – they want to know the origin, the estate, the processing, and the expected flavor profiles of each tea
- Boléro: China organic black tea, Marigold and cornflower petals, apricot & peach flavoring
- Earl Grey Provence: China, Yunnan Province organic black tea, oil of bergamot
- Thé à l'Opéra: Chinese organic green tea, red fruits flavoring
- Marco Polo Rouge: South African organic rooibos, red fruit & floral flavorings
- French Breakfast: India Assam organic black tea, dark chocolate & dark caramel flavorings.