Japanese Blue Washi Tea Tin, 2oz.
This product is currently sold out.
Ensure tea freshness with this beautiful tea canister. Handwrapped in Japanese washi paper, this tin has double lids and stores 2 oz. of your favorite tea. No need to hide these tea tins away!
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This canister holds 2-oz of most loose leaf teas.
- Dimensions: Approx. 4.00" High x 2.75" in Diameter
- "Wa" means Japanese and "shi" means paper. Japanese washi is extremely durable as it comes from the fibers of the inner bark of several Japanese trees.
- Washi Paper is registered as a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.
- When tea first came to Europe from China, the first tea container was made of blue & white porcelain in the shape of ginger jar
- It wasn’t until the price of tea became affordable to the middle class in the mid-19th Century (and the Industrial Revolution began mass-producing storage tins) that tea came to be sold and stored in tins