Japanese Washi Cherry Blossom Tea Tin, 4-8oz.
This product is currently sold out.
Ensure tea freshness with this beautiful cherry blossom tea canister. Handwrapped in durable Japanese washi paper, this tin has double lids and stores 4-8 oz. of your favorite tea. No need to hide these tea tins away!
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This grey background is accented with tiny pink and gold cherry blossoms. The canister holds 4-8 oz of most loose leaf teas.
- Dimensions: Approx. 6.00" High x 3.00" in Diameter
- "Wa" means Japanese and "shi" means paper. Japanese washi is extremely durable as it comes from the fibers of the inner bark of several Japanese trees.
- Washi Paper is registered as a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.
- When tea first came to Europe from China, the first tea container was made of blue & white porcelain in the shape of ginger jar
- It wasn’t until the price of tea became affordable to the middle class in the mid-19th Century (and the Industrial Revolution began mass-producing storage tins) that tea came to be sold and stored in tins