Darjeeling Margaret's Hope Estate (2nd flush)
This variant is currently sold out.
No tea beats a great Darjeeling on a quiet afternoon. The pleasant muscatel notes from this renowned estate are flavorful and mouth-watering, an excellent example of Darjeeling.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 1.5 tsp per 8 oz of water, 195°F, 4-5 min
- This second flush (summer plucked) tea produces a golden tea liquid with a superb and complex flavor profile. Enjoy with or without milk and sugar.
- The flavor provides classic Darjeeling notes of muscatel along with green apple and almond, and the sweet aftertaste lingers for a long time after you swallow.
- In the 1930s, this tea plantation was owned by an Englishman who one day, with his two daughters, sailed from England to India to visit his tea estate. Margaret, the younger daughter, fell in love with the estate and hoped to return someday.
- During a return trip to England, Margaret took ill and died. Margaret’s father changed the plantation’s name to Margaret’s Hope in her memory.
- Granola with dried fruit
- Greek yogurt
- Fruit pastries
- Green salad with mint
- Mac and cheese
- Toasted cheese sandwich
- Chicken or fish with fresh mint
- Savory or sweet tea sandwiches
- Lightly prepared chicken or pork
- Cream-based desserts
India, Darjeeling black tea: 100%