Basil Lemon Oolong
This variant is currently sold out.
Bits of candied lemon peel and dried basil make this full-bodied, dark Taiwanese oolong both smooth and slightly sweet. Also delicious iced, it's a great complement to creamy desserts or dried fruit.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 1 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 195°F, 4–5 min
- One of our most popular flavored teas — delicious hot or cold!
- Serve over ice with a leaf of fresh basil and a lemon slice.
- The quality of the oolong tea used allows this tea to achieve a complexity beyond that of most flavored blends.
- This Taiwanese oolong's large leaves may look black, but are only oxidized 80 or 90% (whereas black teas are fully oxidized). As a result, this blend finds a nice, delicate balance between the lively flavors of basil and lemon, and the medium-bodied structure of the base tea.
- China and Taiwan are currently the world's two major producers of oolong tea. In Taiwan, oolong tea is more common than any other tea type.
- Green salad with a fruit vinaigrette
- Pasta with pesto
- Lemon chicken
- Fresh sliced tomatoes
- Scallops, shrimp, lobster or fresh fish
- Lemon tart or pie
Taiwan Oolong tea (86%), basil, lemon granules (fruit, lemon juice, malt dextrin, natural lemon oil, gelling agent: sodium alginate), flavoring, marigold blossoms