The Cultured Cup is celebrating its 20th year in business and our history is filled with many stories and experiences we love to share! Here are just a handful:
- We've had three different retail locations, all in the Dallas area. Our first location was an existing coffee shop. We started traveling the world to give us inspiration about what products to share with our customers.
- Early in our travels, we visited Mariage Frères in Paris. It was the beginning of a still-treasured relationship and what really opened our eyes to the world of artisan, specialty teas, and coffees. Which we, in turn, brought home and introduced to Dallas.
- Back in Dallas, we started partnering and networking with renowned local chefs, sommeliers and mixologists - like Sharon Hage, Stephan Pyles and James Tidwell - pairing our teas and coffees with their foods and liquor.
- We balanced our time here with educating ourselves. (I took courses with the Specialty Tea Institute, the educational arm of the Tea Association of the USA and became a Certified Tea Specialist. Phil scoured the world looking for the best coffees and along the way, worked on an amazing Costa Rican coffee plantation.) We took more trips to meet more experts, to sample the best beverages, and to bring what we loved back to Dallas.
- We kept growing. Our customers began to resemble the diversity of the UN. We began shipping our products worldwide.
- Five years ago, we began to evolve again. Instead of staying in a traditional retail location, we wanted to create something new and different - a Tasting Room. Since opening The Cultured Cup’s 'speak-easy style' Tasting Room four years ago, we’ve held almost a thousand private and public tea and coffee tastings. They continue to attract a diverse community of people, of all ages, cultures and experience levels with tea and coffee. These tastings and the community of people who join us have helped shape the latest restructure of our business and our website.
Now, it's your turn! Let us be your tea and coffee flavor guides and help you on your tea and coffee adventure. Join this great community!