Sautéed Basil Lemon Oolong Tea Rubbed Fish
- 1 lb fresh finfish or shellfish (your choice of East Coast Sole, Sea Bass, Salmon, Halibut, Gulf Red Snapper, Whole Boneless Rainbow Trout, Jumbo Dry Sea scallops)
- 1 oz Basil Lemon Oolong Tea leaves
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter or ghee or mild olive oil
- . Grind the tea leaves into a fine, dark grey/black powder in electric coffee grinder. Store leftover powder in a covered container.
- . With your fingers or a brush, rub ground tea on one side of the fish. Increase to medium high
- . Quickly coat fish with butter and place on a plate.
- . Place tea rubbed fish-side down in heated skillet. Then rub tea on the top side.
- . Sauté fish for 5 minutes per inch of thickness; turn and sauté the other side for 5 minutes if one inch thick and longer for thicker fish, or just until fish looks opaque.
- . Do not over-cook or fish will be dry.
- . Salt and pepper to taste.
- . Garnish with fresh basil and fresh lemon wedges.
- . Serve with Basil Lemon Oolong Tea Aioli.
- . Basil Lemon Tea Aioli
- . 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- . 2 teaspoons dry, ground Basil Lemon Oolong Tea
- . 1/4 teaspoon minced, fresh garlic
- . 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- . Mix together and serve the Basil Lemon Oolong Tea Aioli with your choice of cooked fish
This recipe was developed for the Cultured Cup by Anne Steirer
Copyright The Cultured Cup