Yellow Mountain (Huangshan Maofeng) Green
This variant is currently sold out
Also known as Huangshan (yellow mountain) Mao Feng (loosely twisted), this green tea is one of the ten most famous and historic Chinese teas. When steeped, the dark green and curly leaves yield a distinctive flavor of grilled zucchini & roasted chestnuts.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
2 tsp per 8 oz of water, 175°F, 3 min.
The same tea leaves can be steeped multiple times in a Gaiwan or Yixing teapot. Use twice as much tea and steep same tea leaves 1-2 minutes multiple times until the flavor fades.
- Located in Anhui Province, Huangshan (yellow mountain) is one of the most beautiful places on earth. With craggy, granite peaks, these mountains are the inspiration for numerous Chinese poems and watercolor paintings.
- Mao Feng means loosely twisted and is a common tea leaf shape for green and black teas.
- Four of the most famous ten Chinese teas come from the Huangshan region. The other three teas are Keemun, a black tea (pronounced chee-muhn), Luan Guapian (melon seed), a green tea, and Taiping Houkui (monkey chief), a green tea.
- Fresh or lightly steamed greens
- Scallops, shrimp, lobster or any fresh fish
- Gruyere, gouda, Havarti or cheddar cheese
- Rice pudding
China green tea: 100%