Keemun Reserve (Keemun Mao Feng) - Artisan Tea Collection
This variant is currently sold out.
Keemun Mao Feng is a delicious and unique flavor adventure. Mao Feng, which means "loosely twisted", is made from a tea plant cultivar with large leaves. Notes of cocoa, buttered toast, and dark molasses combine to create a flavorful and complex cup!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 2–2.5 tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 5–6 min
- Mao Feng means "loosely twisted" and the tea leaves are much larger than the tightly twisted Keemun Black Label and Keemun Hao Ya.
- Unlike the other small leaf Keemun teas, Keemun Mao Feng is not dried and smoked over pine. The resulting cup lacks the smoky character of the small leaf Keemun teas.
- The malty, cocoa, dark molasses notes of this tea make this an extraordinary black tea and best enjoyed without milk or sugar.
- Although the Chinese have had tea for 5,000 years, they did not start manufacturing Keemun until the 19th century.
- Bagels, lox and cream cheese
- Breakfast sausage, bacon or ham and eggs or an omelet
- Appetizers or main courses with mushrooms
- Mac and cheese
- Toasted cheese sandwiches
- Hamburgers or sliders
- Sausage, ham or pepperoni pizzas or calzones
- Highly spiced Indian, Chinese, Korean or Thai food
- Smoked or barbecued chicken, turkey, pork or beef
- Dark chocolate truffles or desserts
China, Anhui Province black tea: 100%