This variant is currently sold out
This U.S. Farm-to-Table black tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company has notes of apricot, honeysuckle, and honey. It's distinctively American, and available exclusively through The Cultured Cup.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 4 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 195°F, 4 min. For a full-bodied cup: 4 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 208°F, 5 min. This tea has upfront notes of grilled apricot and honeysuckle with a finish of honey. An unforgettable tea! The same tea leaves can be steeped a second time. Add 1 minute for the second steeping.
- The Cultured Cup had the great privilege of plucking and helping to process this tea in Brookhaven, Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald and Timothy Gipson, pioneers in artisanal U.S. Farm-to-Table teas, have invested considerable time and effort in producing Black Magnolia black tea and Mississippi Queen green tea, two of the first great American teas!
- At considerable expense to them, Jason and Timothy hired the world's foremost tea propagation experts and involved plant experts from Mississippi State University. After securing and planting dozens of different tea cultivar plants from around the world, they determined which plants would grow and produce flavorful teas in the terroir of central Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald is an ancestor of Daniel Boone and a "Kentucky Colonel." Jason and Timothy own land in Hawaii and are growing tea there as well
- Any fresh fish from the Gulf.
- Simply prepared chicken.
- Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie
- Delicious with mild triple creme cheeses.
- Bread pudding, Cafe du Monde-style beignets, and any cream-based dessert.
100% black tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company, Brookhaven, Mississippi