43rd Tea Cookies
Ingredients for Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 egg
- *2 Tablespoons strong 43rd tea infusion
- 3 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
Directions for Cookies
- . *Prepare the 43rd strong tea by adding 3 -4 Tablespoons boiling water to 1 Tablespoon 43rd tea leaves. Allow to steep for 10 minutes then strain out the tea leaves pressing firmly to extract as much of the tea flavor as possible. You should end up with 2 Tablespoons strong tea
- . Cream the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the egg then add the whipping cream and 43rd tea infusion.
- . Stir together the flour and baking powder and add to the batter to form a dough. Allow to rest. The dough should be ready to roll.
- . Be sure you have enough flour so that the dough can be easily rolled out. If necessary add more flour.
- . Roll out about ¼ “ thick and cut into desired shapes (in our case the Texas Hat!)
- . Bake at 325 until the edges just start to brown – [Baking time depends on the thickness of the dough] Allow to cool.
Ingredients for Cream Frosting
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons 43rd Tea
- 4 oz white chocolate chopped
Directions for Cream Frosting
- . Place cream and tea leaves in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute
- . Set aside and allow to steep, then strain out the leaves.
- . Add the white chocolate and allow to melt into the cream.
- . If necessary – return the cream and chocolate to the microwave for a few seconds to hasten the melting.
- . Stir until smooth Cool …..then beat until the mixture reaches soft peaks.
- . Best way to decorate the cookies is to pile the chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe on the headband!
- . Note: the hats can also be sandwiched with the cream