I'm passionate about tea, but you already knew that. I'm also passionate about learning and love to share what I've learned with others and - in turn - get them to share as well. That's why I'm a teacher.
I will teach the following STI Certification classes:
- STI FOUNDATIONS OF TEA, LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2
Please sign up for our email list and we'll keep you posted.
Testimonials from STI Students:
It was a true pleasure to meet you and be a recipient of your knowledge & wisdom. It was much more than I ever expected & those who said you were the best, could not have been more accurate. You've got a true passion for tea, culture and most of all... people. All the best wishes as your journey continues.
- Troy Knapp, Executive Chef, The Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX
The tea seminar was fascinating and fantastic.
Kyle is simply an inspiration. His knowledge is deep like an ancient tea tree and his passion never ends. Of all the professors I've had - and I've had some damn good ones - Kyle is one of the best! He understands the spirit of what he teaches and communicated the information in a manner that was meaningful and inspirational to my life as a tea professional. I would love to have all my tea classes with Kyle! An inspiration, truly & totally. I am so grateful.
Kyle is knowledgeable, meaningful, energetic, flexible, personable, patient and engaging.Great class!
A fantastic way to experience the course! Kyle was more than prepared, open & facilitated discussion. And this course was about so much more than "Green, Yellow & White Tea." A fantastic & passionate instructor!
- From Anonymous Student Evaluations
I've learned about tea from people all over the world. From tea farmers, processors, and wholesalers; from tea scientists and researchers and from tea lovers of countless tea cultures. But my formal tea education is principally from one institution - the Specialty Tea Institute (STI), the educational arm of the Tea Association of the USA, where I received my Certified Tea Specialist and Certified STI Instructor credentials. And in 2015, I was named one of the first five STI Tea Mentors in the US.
What does it mean to be an STI Tea Mentor? It means that:
- Four to five times a year, I teach STI's Level I and II courses, generally here in the Dallas area. These are the two introductory classes in STI's curriculum, the only tea training certified by the Tea Association of the USA.
- Drawing on all my tea experience, I teach from the accredited curriculum, but also customize the learning for each student. I get to give back and help educate the next generation of tea lovers and tea educators.