Aztec Chocolate Pu'er
This variant is currently sold out.
A tea fit for Montezuma himself! Brimming with dark chocolate, chili powder, cardamom, and ginger, this full-bodied dark and black tea blend pairs perfectly with spicy Mexican food or any chocolate dessert.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 1.5 tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 5 min. This tea can be steeped more than once, but the chocolate note is most prominent in the first infusion.
- This tea is both calming and indescribably delicious. The rich and earthy harmony of chocolate and tea flavors, as well as the naturally velvety mouthfeel, only enhance the dessert-like experience!
- Pu'er, being a dark tea, is believed to be an incredibly healthy drink. Dark tea is the only category of tea that undergoes microbial fermentation, which produces statins, an ingredient thought to reduce anxiety.
- Statins are used in many blood pressure lowering medicines, and a key component of most cholesterol-reducing medicines.
- The Chinese have long touted the healthy qualities of pu'er, most commonly enjoying it after meals. Try this tea after a big meal, and you'll notice it's the perfect finale for a feast!
- Chocolate, cinnamon or cream breakfast pastries
- Chocolate croissants
- Mexican mole
- Spicy Indian or Mexican cuisine
- Dark chocolate truffles or any chocolate or vanilla-based dessert
- Any tea time sweet sandwich or dessert
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Mexican flan
- Vanilla bean or coconut ice cream
China, Yunnan Province dark tea, dark chocolate bits (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla), natural and artificial flavor CONTAINS: soy, milk