Mariage Frères Tea Collection № 1
This variant is currently sold out
The Cultured Cup has a quarter-century of experience with Mariage Frères, the iconic French tea company. Collection № 1 contains five "best of the best" Mariage teas packaged in a gift box. Bon appetit!
Your choice of either 1 or 2 oz of all five teas. The Collection is boxed, labeled, and tied with a ribbon.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Métis: This rooibos infusion is fragrant, sweet, and caffeine-free. The mixture of black currants, lavender buds, and Madagascar vanilla will delight and soothe your senses.
- Provence Vert: fragrant and flavorful, this green tea bursts with the flavors of Provence. Real Provençal spices, herbs, and red fruits paint this tea as brightly as in a French Impressionist painting.
- Marco Polo: Mariage Frères’ mysterious and most iconic tea takes you to distant lands and exotic flavor adventures.
- Noël, Esprit de: Mariage Frères created this blend for the Christmas season with notes of spicy cinnamon, orange peel, dried apple bits, and an unexpected surprise: vanilla.
- Earl Grey French Blue: A Sri Lankan black tea that is delicately flavored with the finest oil of bergamot flavoring and a fragrant sprinkling of blue cornflower petals.
- Tea first came to France from the Dutch in the 17th Century, a few years before it arrived in England
- Madame de Sévigné (1626-1696), a notable figure in French literature and famous court letter writer, provides evidence that the French were actually the first to put milk in their tea
- According to Madame de Sévigné, Madame de Sablière (1640-1693) actually “took milk with her tea” to prevent the piping hot beverage from damaging her eggshell teacups
- Today, the French approach tea as they do wine and gastronomy – they want to know the origin, the estate, the processing, and the flavor profiles of each tea
- Métis: South African rooibos, dried black currants, lavender buds, rose hips, vanilla flavoring
- Provence Vert: China green tea, lavender buds, hibiscus petals, red fruit flavoring
- Marco Polo: China black tea, red fruit & floral flavorings
- Noël, Esprit de: Chinese black tea, cinnamon, orange peel, dried apple, and vanilla flavoring
- Earl Grey French Blue: Sri Lanka black tea, blue cornflowers, oil of bergamot flavoring