Yunomi Tea Cup, Hand-made - NEW! (GMY1127)
This product is currently sold out.
Yunomi 湯呑み literally means "to drink warm water" and is the generic term for a Japanese handle-less teacup. Artist Ginny Marsh crafted this one-of-a-kind stoneware cup to resemble the simplicity, naturalness, and imperfection found in nature. You'll love how this cup feels in your hands!
D Magazine article: "Imperfect" Bowls are the Perfect Vessels for Matcha"
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- This Yunomi cup (3.25" high x 3.00" wide) holds approximately 6-oz of tea and the stoneware will protect your hands from the hot liquid.
- Made by artist Ginny Marsh, this Japanese-style Yunomi cup is a work of art
- The variety of colors, textures, and patterns in each cup creates an endless variety of visual and tactile adventures
- This cup is an expression of the Japanese aesthetic called Wabi-Sabi, which finds beauty in simplicity, naturalness, and imperfection of the pottery material and techniques used.
- In Japan, functional pottery not used is said "to have died"
- As your yunomi is used, it will develop patina - similar to what happens to wood or copper in nature
- In Japan, yunomi cups are passed from generation to generation