White Peony (Pivoine Blanche) Organic White Tea by Mariage Frères
This variant is currently sold out
Unlike most White Peony teas, which are brown and oxidized, the leaves of this organic tea are green and unoxidized, which preserves the anti-oxidants and adds the sweet floral notes of a peony flower. This tea comes from a Jardin Premier+, which meets the strict European standard for purity. An unforgettable taste adventure!
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
3 heaping tsp or 2.5 grams per 8 oz of water, 185°F, 5-6 min. The same tea leaves can be steeped multiple times.
- The label "Jardin Premier" is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulations: (EC) No. 834/2007. This organic white tea from Fujian, China is one of the most prized teas in the world
- Extra care in the plucking and processing prevents the tea leaves from oxidizing.
- Careful plucking and processing prevent the tea leaves from being shaped, which ruptures the leaf cells and turns the leaves brown. The tea leaves are quickly transported to the factory and placed onto ventilated racks in even piles
- Temperature and humidity are carefully controlled to slowly reduce the moisture in the tea leaves to 3% moisture.
- The buds are then sorted for size
- The resulting tea is light-bodied with a light green & vegetal (watercress) flavor profile, with surprising notes of sweet peony.
- High-grade and unoxidized White Peony teas are extremely rare in the U.S.
- Because white teas are not shaped, the same weight of white tea takes up more volume in comparison to the other four types of tea.
- No wonder this tea is expensive when you consider the labor involved and limited production time!
- Greek yogurt
- Any mild and soft cheese
- basmati rice
- Rice pudding
China, Fujian Province organic white tea: 100%