Peachy Barbecue Ice
This variant is currently sold out
What tea pairs perfectly with your favorite Texas Barbecue? Peachy Barbecue Ice Tea! This full-bodied tea has notes of fresh peach with a slight smoky note. A cooling companion for spicy brisket and ribs!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1 heaping tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 4-5 min
- What tea gives peachy Texas Barbecue Ice its smoky taste? A light smoked Lapsang Souchong, which is called Russian Caravan.
- Texas Barbecue Ice is a nice balance of juicy peach notes with a bit of smoke.
- Smoked teas like this one are created by the choice of heating element during their processing: burning firewood
- Icing this tea lessens its smoky flavor and allows it to pair beautifully with any fare that has a note of smoke
- According to tea lore, this tea resulted from the accidental proximity of a tea factory and a forest fire. The nearby pine forest had caught fire, and waves of smoke found their way through the factory's doors and windows, and to the processed piles of black tea
- Processed tea has 97% of its moisture removed and readily absorbs nearby aromas
- Tea from the Wuyi Mountain area of China is often heated with pine wood and absorbs a bit of the smoke in the process
- Anything Barbecued: Brisket, Ribs, Chicken, Pork, etc.
- Spicy breakfast sausage or bacon
- Any dish with wild mushrooms or truffles
- Blue or any other pungent cheese
- Spicy Chinese, Thai, Korean or Indian cuisine
- Pulled pork
- Pepper steak
- Wild Game
- Indian rice pudding
Chinese, Fujian Province black tea, Sri Lankan black tea, peach flavoring.