Chinese Teaset, Pebble-Glass, 10-pc
This product is currently sold out
This glass tea set has everything you need to prepare your tea Gong Fu Cha-Style! Glass allows you to view the leaves as they unfurl and the tea liquid as it changes color. With this tea set, you can turn tea-time for family or friends into a sensory and mindful experience.
Includes a sample of high mountain Alishan Mountain Oolong from Taiwan.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- The Gaiwan, which means lidded-bowl, holds approximately 6-oz.
- Each cup holds approximately 2-oz. of liquid. The small size allows the hot tea to cool, which assists in us "tasting the tea."
- See instructions below for making tea Gong Fu Cha (Chinese Tea Ceremony).
Gong Fu Cha, also know as the "Chinese Tea Ceremony" literally means "making tea with patience and purpose" and uses 3-4 times more tea leaves steeped multiple short time periods. Depending on the type of tea, each steeping time can range from 20 seconds to 1 minute. With each successive steep, the time increases. Some teas can be steeped ten or more times. This unusual steeping technique creates a unique and more complex flavor experience that evolves and changes with each steeping.
- Another facet of Gong Fu Cha is "being mindful" while preparing tea. When steeping tea, use slow, smooth, and creative movements. Clear your mind of daily frustrations and concentrate only on your movements. Allow yourself the freedom to be creative and spontaneous while preparing tea. Enjoy your movements.
- When the tea is ready to drink, turn your focus to the color, aroma, and taste of each steeping. If you've previously made this tea "western-style, ie., one long steeping," mindfully compare the flavor differences between the two steeping methods.