Teapot, Classic Glass/Stainless with Tray, 50oz -NEW!
This product is currently sold out.
Why is this our favorite teapot? Because it combines timeless form and function. Designed by Tassilo von Grolman, this teapot doesn't just have a pretty face. The sizable infuser allows the largest tea leaves to unfold completely, which yields the most flavorful cup. Use the convenient tray to catch the drip from the infuser. The best teapot we've found for tightly rolled oolong teas!
The generously sized teapot makes 50 oz of tea. Free shipping and gift wrapping are included with this unit. And to demonstrate the versatility of the Mono Filio Teapot, we have included a flavorful sampling of five different tea and infusion types:
- White Tea: Silver Needles (Yin Zhen): one of the most prized and expensive white teas.
- Oolong Tea: Mountain Stream, an incredibly delicious and healthful lightly steamed Japanese green tea.
- Oolong Tea: Alishan High Mountain - this tea surprises with floral complexity and unparalleled smoothness.
- Black Tea: Marco Polo by Mariage Frères - one of the most iconic and admired flavored organic black teas in the world!
- Dan Cong (Phoenix Mountain) Oolong: a more oxidized oolong, this tea has notes of grilled stone fruits.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- High grade 18/10 stainless steel is used for the tea set, lid and sieve, and heat resistant borosilicate glass for the bowls.
- The infuser is almost as large as the teapot. This ensures that you can make flavorful tea whether you're making one cup or ten.
- Born in 1942, Tassilo von Grolman attended the Kassel Institute of Design and has received numerous awards for the design of his products.K
- Borosilicate glass is a strong material used in laboratories and kitchens due to its resistance to thermal expansion and shock. German inventor Otto Schott developed the first borosilicate glass in 1893 by adding boric oxide to the traditional glassmaker's recipe of silicate sand, soda and ground lime.