Tea Set, Yixing Tea Ceremony Travel Kit, 11 pc. -NEW!
This product is currently sold out.
Tucked inside this compact travel case is everything you need to prepare your tea Gong Fu Cha-Style wherever you are! The 11-piece purple Yixing clay set includes a teapot, draining pitcher, loose-leaf tea canister, four cups, a bamboo and clay draining tray, mesh filter, bamboo tongs, and a drip-cloth. This travel tea set turns tea-time - anywhere - into a sensory experience.
Includes a sample of our Taiwanese Mountain Spring Oolong tea.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- When using a Yixing clay teapot, we recommend only using one type of tea, such as a medium-oxidized oolong. Yixing teapots are porous and the clay absorbs the tea oils. Even with one steeping of an Earl Grey in the teapot, the Earl Grey flavor would linger in the teapot even when you're making an unflavored tea.
- When cleaning Yixing clay teapots, never use soap as the clay will absorb this.
- To clean, use very hot water and allow the yixing teaware to air dry.
- Also, did you know that the flavor of tea opens up when the hot tea cools slightly? The small size cups allow the tea to cool so that the flavor components are revealed when you sip.
- Gong Fu Cha literally means "making tea with patience and purpose." When using this technique, be aware of your movements while preparing the tea. Allow yourself to be creative while you prepare your tea. When the tea is ready to drink, turn your focus to the color, aroma, and taste of each steeping. How does the flavor change during the multiple steepings?