Taiwan Ruby Oolong
This variant is currently sold out
This unique tea is a hybrid of a Burmese tea plant and a Taiwanese cultivar. Highly oxidized, this organic tea has complex notes of dark molasses and caramelized apricot.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
3.0 grams , 212 F, 5 min.
When using a yixing teapot or a gaiwan, use twice as much tea and steep the same tea leaves 1-2 minutes multiple times until the flavor fades.
- Taiwan Ruby Oolong cultivar is a hybrid combining the Ruby 18 Burmese tea plant with a Taiwanese tea plant. Ruby 18 is the result of many years of research by the TRES (Tea Research and Extension Station).
- The leaves are oxidized 85% - one of the most oxidized oolong teas.
- 1,900 ft. elevation.
- The brew although a dark red, has very good clarity and transparency.
- Growing region has abundant rainfall and mists, high humidity, and indirect sunlight because of fogs and mists.
- Taiwan is the youngest oolong manufacturing region, yet its teas are renowned for their remarkable mouthfeel. The tea leaves display unparalleled caliber and potency, producing a flavor as sublime as the landscape surrounding them.
- Toasted Bagels
- Oatmeal with raisins and dusted with cinnamon
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Fresh, dried, baked or grilled apricots or peaches
- Stir-fried vegetables with chicken or pork
- Any chocolate dessert
Taiwan, Nantou, Puli: 100%