Taiwan Red Oolong
This variant is currently sold out
The summer sun of the Pacific Coast shines in abundance on this tea which creates a powerful sweetness. Taiwan Red Oolong is carefully shaped into orange pearls and is heavily withered and oxidized - about 80%. The heavy baking of this Taiwanese tea leaves brings out notes of darkly caramelized apricot.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
4.5 grams , 212 F 6 min.
When using a yixing teapot or a gaiwan, use twice as much tea and steep the same tea leaves 1-2 minutes multiple times until the flavor fades.
- Taiwan Red Oolong is carefully shaped into orange pearls.
- The leaves are heavily baked
- The tea's dark reddish liquor with golden ring is sweet with notes of apricot
- The brew although a dark red, has very good clarity and transparency.
- Taiwan is the youngest oolong manufacturing region, yet its teas are renowned for their remarkable mouth feel. The tea leaves display unparalleled caliber and potency, producing a flavor as sublime as the landscape surrounding them.
- Toasted Bagels
- Oatmeal with raisins and dusted with cinnamon
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Fresh, dried, baked or grilled apricots or peaches
- Stir-fried vegetables with chicken or pork
- Any chocolate dessert
Pacific east coast of Taiwan: 100%