Samarkand Organic Tea Gift Box by Mariage Frères -New!
This product is currently sold out
Samarkand was an important city along the Silk Road and a fitting name for these teas containing precious products traded along the ancient trade route. Iskandar is a delicate green tea with subtle violet, and Roi de Earl Grey is a powerful black tea with flavors from citrus peel. Each Jardin Premier+ tea is packaged in an elegant and reusable silk-screened tin.
Each tin contains 100 grams (3.5 oz) of tea.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
Samarkand Green Tea: Use 1 heaping tsp per 8 oz of 175°F water: Use 1.5tsp / 2.5g of tea per 8 oz of 212°F water and steep between 4-5 min. Roi de (king of) Earl Grey Tea Black Tea: Use 1.5 tsp per 8 oz of 208°F water and steep between 4-5 min.
- Samarkand is over 2,500 yrs. old and during the height of the Silk Road, was once one of the largest cities in the world. Samarkand is located in Uzbekistan and was formerly its capital.
- Chocolate croissant
- Pancakes, French toast, oatmeal or waffles with dark chocolate chips
- Any afternoon tea fare from sweet and savory tea sandwiches to scones with clotted cream
- Any dark or milk chocolate dessert
- Any vanilla cream dessert
- Crêpe Suzette
Roi de Earl Grey: India organic black tea, oil of bergamot. Samarkand: China organic green tea, violet petals, oil of bergamot.