Nepal Emerald Pearls
This variant is currently sold out.
Nepal Emerald Pearls is our first green tea from "the roof of the world," and a flavor adventure. The tea surprises with upfront vegetal notes of a Japanese green tea, but the roasted chestnut aftertaste reminds us of a Chinese pan-fired green tea. A new green tea favorite!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
2 tsp per 8 oz of water, 175°F, 3 min.
When using a Yixing teapot or a Gaiwan, use two to three times as much tea and steep the same tea leaves (between 30 sec and 2 min) multiple times until the flavor fades.
- From Nepal's Illam Region, an area recently mentioned in a New York Times article about Nepalese tea.
- Illam is very close to Darjeeling, India and has a similar terroir.
- Jeni Dodd, who lives in NYC, is a business partner and consultant with the Nepalese tea company that produces this tea. In 8 years, she has visited Nepal over 30 times and has helped this tea farm increase their tea production, which has dramatically improved the economy of the nearby community.
- Fresh or lightly steamed greens
- Scallops, shrimp, lobster or any fresh fish
- Gruyere, gouda, Havarti or cheddar cheese
- Rice pudding
Nepal, Illam Region Green Tea.