Miyazaki Black Oolong
This variant is currently sold out
This organic black tea is grown in Miyazaki Prefecture, located on the southern island of Kyushu in Japan. Known largely for green teas, Japan rarely produces black or oolong teas, and this one is especially unusual. Though otherwise produced like a black tea, this tea is not fully oxidized, so it produces flavor notes common to an oolong—a hybrid, bringing you the best of both worlds!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
3 grams per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 3 min.
When using a Yixing tea pot or a Gaiwan, use two to three times as much tea and steep same tea leaves (between 30 sec and 2 min) multiple times until the flavor fades.
- A complex-roast Japanese oolong tea grown organically in very limited amounts in Miyazaki on Kyushu Island, one of the only places in Japan where tea is traditionally pan-fired
- The most notable and amazing aspect of this oolong is its extraordinary floral fragrance
- Miyazaki is the capital city of Miyazaki Prefecture on the island of Kyushu in Japan
- Located on the coast and crossed by several rivers, Miyazaki City enjoys scenic views of both ocean and nearby verdant mountains
- Toasted Bagels
- Oatmeal with raisins and dusted with cinnamon
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Fresh, dried, baked or grilled apricots or peaches
- Stir-fried vegetables with chicken or pork
- Any chocolate dessert
Japan, Miyazaki: 100%, Organic