NEW! Mississippi Sunshine Yellow Tea
This variant is currently sold out
A work of art, Yellow Tea is the rarest type of tea in the world, and this is the only one from the USA! From the tea pioneers at The Great Mississippi Tea Co., Mississippi Sunshine tea takes 5-days to process, which involves oxidation and fermentation.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
3 tsp per 8 oz of water, 185°F, 4-5 min.
When using a Yixing teapot or a Gaiwan, use two to three times as much tea and steep same tea leaves (between 30 sec and 2 min) multiple times until the flavor fades.
- Yellow tea is named because of the "yellowish" color of the tea leaves, which results from the tea processing.
- Yellow tea has little of the vegetal tea taste of green tea and instead, has sweet honeyed notes.
- This is the first Yellow tea we're aware of from the USA.
- Yellow tea is difficult to categorize as a tea type (white, green, oolong, black, and dark) because the tea-making technique varies from region to region in China.
- Fresh or lightly steamed greens
- Scallops, shrimp, lobster or any fresh fish
- Gruyere, gouda, Havarti or cheddar cheese
- Rice pudding
100% yellow tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company, Brookhaven, Mississippi