This variant is currently sold out.
This U.S. Farm-to-Table green tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company won a Silver medal at the 2017 Global Tea Competition! Hand-plucked, this tea has savory notes of edamame, spring peas, and fried okra, and is available exclusively through The Cultured Cup.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 4 tsp per 8 oz of water, 195°F, 3.5 min.
This tea has upfront notes of edamame and spring peas with a subtle after-taste of southern-fried okra. An unforgettable tea! The same tea leaves can be steeped a second time. Add 1 minute more for the second steeping.
- The Cultured Cup had the great privilege of plucking and helping to process this tea in Brookhaven, Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald and Timothy Gipson, pioneers in artisanal U.S. Farm-to-Table teas, have invested considerable time and effort in producing Mississippi Queen green tea and Magnolia black/oolong tea , two of the first great American teas!
- At considerable expense to them, Jason and Timothy hired the world's foremost tea propagation experts and involved plant experts from Mississippi State University. After securing and planting dozens of different tea cultivar plants from around the world, they determined which plants would grow and produce flavorful teas in the terroir of central Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald is an ancestor of Daniel Boone and a "Kentucky Colonel." Jason and Timothy own land in Hawaii, and are growing tea there as well
- Any simply prepared, shrimp, oyster, or fresh fish from the Gulf. Also delicious with scallops, lobster, sushi, sashimi.
- Simply prepared chicken.
- Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie
- Delicious with mild triple creme cheeses.
- Chocolate desserts, bread pudding, Cafe du Monde-style beignets, and any cream-based dessert.
100% greem tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company, Brookhaven, Mississippi