Mississippi Belle Oolong - NEW!
This variant is currently sold out.
This U.S. farm-to-table oolong is from The Great Mississippi Tea Company. The tea liquor is light gold and has a distinctive floral note reminiscent of high mountain Taiwanese oolongs.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 3 g per 8 oz of water, 190°F, 4 min.
More mature tea leaves are plucked, which contain more aromatics. The floral notes are reminiscent of a high mountain Taiwanese oolong. An unforgettable tea! The same tea leaves can be steeped a second time. Add 1 minute more for the second steeping.
- Jason McDonald and Timothy Gipson, pioneers in artisanal U.S. farm-to-table teas, have invested considerable time and effort in producing Black Magnolia black tea, Mississippi Queen green tea, and Delta Oolong, three of the first great American teas!
- The world's foremost tea propagation experts and involved plant experts from Mississippi State University assisted them in securing and planting dozens of different tea cultivar plants from around the world to determine which plants would grow and produce flavorful teas in the terroir of central Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald is a descendent of Daniel Boone and is a "Kentucky Colonel." Jason and Timothy own land in Hawaii and are growing tea there as well.
- Any simply prepared, shrimp, oyster, or fresh fish from the Gulf. Also delicious with scallops, lobster, sushi, sashimi.
- Simply prepared chicken.
- Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie
- Delicious with mild triple creme cheeses.
- Chocolate desserts, bread pudding, Cafe du Monde-style beignets, and any cream-based dessert.
100% oolong tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company, Brookhaven, Mississippi