Matcha Bowl with Shino Glaze
This product is currently sold out
This one-of-a-kind tea bowl transforms your morning matcha into a mindful moment. Imitating textures and colors from the natural world, this hand-made bowl enriches the sensory adventure of having tea.
D Magazine article: "Imperfect" Bowls are the Perfect Vessels for Matcha"
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Made by artist Ginny Marsh, this Japanese-style tea bowl is a work of art!
- In Japan, these bowls are used to whisk matcha, the powdered Japanese green tea
- These bowls are used to whisk matcha. The diversity of colors, textures, and patterns in this basket creates an endless variety of visual and tactile adventures.
- An expression of the Japanese aesthetic called wabi-sabi, which finds beauty in imperfection.
- These bowls inspire imaginative culinary uses. One customer bought several to use to serve ice cream!
- In Japan, wabi-sabi tea bowls that are not used are said to have "died".
- As the tea bowl is used, it will change by developing patina — similar to what happens to wood or copper in nature.
- In Japan, tea bowls are passed from generation to generation.