Matcha Tea Bowl, Hand-crafted (GMMB1459) -NEW!
This product is currently sold out.
This one-of-a-kind tea bowl transforms your morning matcha into a mindful moment. Imitating textures and colors from the natural world, this hand-made bowl enriches your sensory adventure of having tea.
D Magazine article: "Imperfect" Bowls are the Perfect Vessels for Matcha"
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Made by artist Ginny Marsh, this Japanese-style tea bowl is a work of art
- In Japan, these bowls are used to whisk matcha, the powdered Japanese green tea
- The variety of colors, textures and patterns in each bowl creates an endless variety of visual and tactile adventures
- An expression of the Japanese aesthetic called Wabi-Sabi, which finds beauty in imperfection
- These bowls inspire imaginative culinary uses. One customer bought several to serve ice cream
- In Japan, tea bowls that are not used are said "to have died"
- As the tea bowl is used, it will change by developing patina - similar to what happens to wood or copper in nature
- In Japan, tea bowls are passed from generation to generation