Mariage Frères Organic Tea Collection No. 1 2oz
This product is currently sold out
The Cultured Cup has a quarter-century of experience with Mariage Frères, the iconic French tea company. Collection № 1 contains five "best of the best" organic Mariage teas packaged in a gift box. These Jardin Premier+ organic teas meet the strict European purity standards. Bon appetit!
The Collection is boxed, labeled, and tied with a ribbon.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Métis: An exotic blend of caffeine-free and organic rooibos with dried black currants, lavender buds, rose-hips, and hibiscus petals. This infusion is effective at settling the stomach and is high in vitamin C.
- Provence Vert: fragrant and flavorful, this green tea bursts with the flavors of Provence. Real Provençal spices, herbs, and red fruits paint this tea as brightly as in a French Impressionist painting.
- Marco Polo: Mariage Frères’ mysterious and most iconic tea takes you to distant lands and exotic flavor adventures.
- Noël: One of Mariage Frères’ most renowned flavors this celebratory tea is specially blended with cinnamon, orange zest, dried apple, and vanilla.
- Earl Grey French Blue: A Sri Lankan black tea that is delicately flavored with the finest oil of bergamot flavoring and a fragrant sprinkling of blue cornflower petals.
- Tea first came to France from the Dutch in the 17th Century, a few years before it arrived in England
- Madame de Sévigné (1626-1696), a notable figure in French literature and famous court letter writer, provides evidence that the French were actually the first to put milk in their tea
- According to Madame de Sévigné, Madame de Sablière (1640-1693) actually “took milk with her tea” to prevent the piping hot beverage from damaging her eggshell teacups
- Today, the French approach tea as they do wine and gastronomy – they want to know the origin, the estate, the processing, and the flavor profiles of each tea
- Métis: South African rooibos, dried black currants, lavender buds, rose hips, vanilla flavoring
- Provence Vert: China green tea, lavender buds, hibiscus petals, red fruit flavoring
- Marco Polo: China black tea, red fruit & floral flavorings Chinese organic black tea, cinnamon, orange peel, dried apple, vanilla bean pieces, natural flavorings
- Noël: Chinese organic black tea, cinnamon, orange peel, dried apple, vanilla bean pieces, natural flavoring.
- Earl Grey French Blue: Sri Lanka black tea, blue cornflowers, oil of bergamot flavoring