French Collection 2oz
This product is currently sold out
Traditional French tea blends are inspired by France's culinary and wine heritage. We've created a special French Collection that honors this history. These complex teas will delight your senses, and allow you to revel in the mysterious beauty of French culture.
The Collection is boxed, labeled, and tied with a ribbon.
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Symphonie Fantastique: a signature blend of black and green tea flavored with exotic fruits and flowers.
- Crème de Earl Grey: a combination of the floral and citrus flavors of bergamot with creamy vanilla. Smooth, silky, and flavorful!
- Marrakesh: gunpowder green tea with oil of bergamot and refreshing mint — an oasis of exotic flavor.
- Réveiller: a breakfast tea in the French tradition with a subtle note of Madagascar vanilla.
- Abricot Noir: a black tea flavored with apricot and tree blossoms — a refreshing spring delight!
- Tea first came to France from the Dutch in the 17th Century, a few years before it arrived in England.
- Madame de Sevigne (1626-1696), a notable figure in French literature and famous court letter writer, provides evidence that the French were actually the first to put milk in their tea.
- According to Madame de Sevigne, Madame de Sabliere (1640-1693) actually “took milk with her tea” to prevent the piping hot beverage from damaging her eggshell teacups.
- Today, the French approach tea as they do wine and gastronomy — they want to know the origin, the estate, the processing, and the expected flavor profiles of each tea.
- Symphonie Fantastique: Chinese dark tea, India Darjeeling black tea, lotus blossoms, red fruits flavoring
- Crème de Earl Grey: China black tea, natural flavoring
- Marrakesh: China green gunpowder tea, Egyptian and Moroccan mint, flavoring
- Réveiller: China black tea, Darjeeling First Flush black tea, vanilla flavoring
- Abricot Noir: China and Sri Lanka black teas (94%), mango flakes, flavoring, marigold blossoms