Delta Oolong, Fall Harvest
This variant is currently sold out
This U.S. Farm-to-Table oolong is the third tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company. The tea liquor is light gold and has a distinctive floral note reminiscent of high mountain Taiwanese oolongs.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 3.5 g per 8 oz of water, 190°F, 4.0 min.
More mature tea leaves are plucked, which contain more aromatics, and withered indoors in a process that simulates sun drying. The leaves are then twisted length-wise, and lightly oxidized. The floral notes are reminiscent of a high-mountain Taiwanese oolong. An unforgettable tea! The same tea leaves can be steeped a second time. Add 1 minute more for the second steeping.
- Jason McDonald and Timothy Gipson, pioneers in artisanal U.S. Farm-to-Table teas, have invested considerable time and effort to produce a trio of great Farm-to-Table American teas: Mississippi Queen green tea, Black Magnolia black tea, and Delta Oolong.
- At considerable expense to them, Jason and Timothy hired the world's foremost tea propagation experts and involved plant experts from Mississippi State University. After securing and planting dozens of different tea cultivar plants from around the world, they determined which plants would grow and produce flavorful teas in the terroir of central Mississippi.
- Jason McDonald is an ancestor of Daniel Boone and a "Kentucky Colonel." Jason and Timothy own land in Hawaii and are growing tea there as well .
- Any simply prepared, shrimp, oyster, or fresh fish from the Gulf. Also delicious with scallops, lobster, sushi, sashimi.
- Simply prepared chicken.
- Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie
- Delicious with mild triple creme cheeses.
- Chocolate desserts, bread pudding, Cafe du Monde-style beignets, and any cream-based dessert.
100% oolong tea from The Great Mississippi Tea Company, Brookhaven, Mississippi
Mississippi Queen, Autumnal Harvest