Connoisseur Tea Collection
This variant is currently sold out
The Connoisseur Tea Collection is for the sophisticated tea drinker. It's an extraordinary opportunity to learn about and taste some of the world's most prized teas. Each tea is labeled with steeping instructions and detailed information to guide your taste adventure.
Your choice of either 0.5, 1 or 2 oz of all thirteen teas. Because of the rarity of these teas, the teas within this tea Collection may change, but we'll always send the finest teas available. The Collection is boxed, labeled, and tied with a ribbon, and we include a tasting spoon and a flavor evaluation guide that expert tea tasters use!
- Product Details
- Bai Hao Yin Zhen(Silver Needles): entirely composed of delicate downy buds, this tea is one of our most prized and rare.
- Wild White Buds: Although made from leaf buds, the flavor of this Yunnan tea is dramatically different in comparison with Bai Hao Yin Zhen (silver needles). Upfront and woodsy notes with a finish of sweet menthol. Surprisingly delicious.
- Curled Dragon Silver Tip: from Zhejiang Province, this green tea is composed of tightly twisted silver tea leaf buds. The name is an allusion to a coiled dragon - a good luck icon in Chinese mythology. The taste is elegant with generous complexity, yet without astringency
- Orchid Dew: a very special Chinese green tea from a Japanese cultivar planted in China about six years ago. The heritage of the cultivar accounts for its deep green color, as well its savory umami flavor, and rich notes of seaweed
- Sencha Asanoka Cultivar: the extraordinarily delicious Japanese Sencha is from Kagoshima Prefecture and is our all-time favorite Sencha. This tea exemplifies what is meant by umami - a savory, brothy, and freshly green
- Hand-Plucked Sencha: this precious sencha is a Japanese green tea rarity - it's hand-plucked! Why is this such an incredible tea? Because of labor costs, even high-grade sencha teas are machine plucked. This tea is one of the very few Japanese hand-plucked sencha teas. The consistency of the leaf size creates an incredibly brothy (umami), and balanced cup of tea. Share this tea with someone special!
- Cream Oolong: also known as milk oolong, this Taiwanese milk oolong is from a specific tea plant cultivar that yields flavor notes of butter and sweet cream – an “ah ha moment” tea
- White Peach Dan Cong Feng Huang Oolong: also known as the tea of many flavors, this medium-oxidized tea is produced in a mountainous area of China’s Guangdong Province, and is famous for its mouthwatering notes of honey, orchid, and stone fruit.
- Oriental Beauty (Dong Feng Mei Ren): A high elevation Taiwanese tea with stunning notes of apricot, orchid, green apple and hazelnut. This tea of many names is a true beauty and among the world’s most prized oolongs.
- Ancient Tree Tea: one of the most flavorful teas that we've tasted in the past several years. Although classified as a black tea, it has all of the complexity of the finest Phoenix Mountain. Dan Cong tea, with prominent notes of ripe, juicy plum. An extraordinary tea from wild tea trees in China's Yunnan Province.
- Risheehat Estate 1st Flush Darjeeling Organic: The name Risheehat means “home of holy saints” and this tea garden was established by British planters in the mid 19th century. Darjeeling First Flush teas are produced from the first harvest of the year, immediately after the spring rains, from March to May. Don’t miss the floral, muscatel, and nutty complexity of this remarkable Spring plucked tea
- Golden Needles: This tea contains hand-plucked golden leaf buds from Yunnan. From its floral aroma to its creamy finish, this tea is an extraordinary flavor experience.
- Bai Hao Yin Zhen: China, Fujian Province white tea
- Wild White Buds: China, Yunnan Province white tea
- Curled Dragon Silver Tip: China, Zhenjiang Province green tea
- Orchid Dew: China, Fujian Province green tea
- Sencha Asanoka: Japan, Kagoshima Prefecture green tea
- Hand-Plucked Sencha: Japan, Shizuoka Prefecture green tea
- Cream Oolong: Taiwan oolong tea
- White Peach Dan Cong Feng Huang: China, Guangdong Province oolong tea
- Oriental Beauty (Dong Feng Mei Ren): Taiwan Oolong Tea
- Ancient Tree Tea: China, Yunnan Province black tea
- Risheehat Estate 1st Flush Darjeeling Organic: India, Darjeeling black tea
- Golden Needles: China black tea.