Chocolate Covered Strawberry
This variant is currently sold out.
The perfect afternoon indulgence: a tea that combines the sumptuous richness of dark chocolate with the flavor of fresh, ripe strawberries.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
- 1.5 tsp per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 5–6 min
- The Cultured Cup is very picky about chocolate, and has created a tea that meets our rigorous chocolate standards — a full-bodied and velvety pu'er tea with dark chocolate pieces, chocolate flavoring, and the flavor of ripe red strawberries.
- Pu'er, a dark tea, is renowned for its calming properties. The fermentation process of dark teas creates statins, which are a primary element in blood pressure lowering and cholesterol lowering medicines.
- The Chinese have long believed that drinking dark tea lowers blood pressure.
- Dark tea may look like black tea, but it is the only category of tea which is both oxidized and fermented, compared to black teas only going through oxidation. The processing of dark tea also involves a kind of aging, analogous to cheese manufacturing.
- This tea is thick and heavy on the palate, disputing the notion that tea cannot have the richness and body of coffee.
- Though this tea is flavored with the decadent flavors of chocolate and strawberry, it is a healthy, low-calorie dessert.
- Greek yogurt
- Pancakes, waffles, crepes, granola or oatmeal with chocolate chips and fresh strawberries
- Chocolate croissant
- Any cream or chocolate-based dessert
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Vanilla bean or chocolate ice cream
- Collin Street fruitcake
- Fresh strawberries with heavy cream
China, Yunnan Province dark tea, Dark chocolate bits (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla), natural and artificial flavor, Indian, Assam black tea, cherry and blackberry flavorings. CONTAINS: soy, milk