Silver Summit Jade, Organic
This variant is currently sold out
A work of art, this green tea is made up of tender leaves from the earliest Spring harvest. With notes of sweet sugar snap peas, Silver Summit Jade is our all-time favorite Chinese green tea!
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
2 tsp per 8 oz of water, 175°F, 3 min.
When using a Yixing teapot or a Gaiwan, use two to three times as much tea and steep same tea leaves (between 30 sec and 2 min) multiple times until the flavor fades.
- From China's Hunan Province, this tea has extraordinary complexity with notes of honeysuckle, sweet sugar-snap peas, and edamame.
- When examining the dry tea leaves, you'll notice the tea consists of the two youngest and most tender tea leaves: the leaf bud (an unfurled leaf) and the next youngest leaf (an open leaf).
- This tea is considered a Pre-Qingming tea, which means the tea is plucked ten days before April 5th, the festival of Qingming - also known as "tomb sweeping day." The festival honors deceased ancestors. Tea leaves harvested during this time have higher concentrations of amino acids and nutrients, which provide more complex and delicate flavors within the tea.
- Fresh or lightly steamed greens
- Scallops, shrimp, lobster or any fresh fish
- Gruyere, gouda, Havarti or cheddar cheese
- Rice pudding
China, Hunan Province, Pre-Qingming green tea: 100%