Earl Grey French Blue Organic Black Teabags by Mariage Frères
This product is currently sold out.
An Indian organic black tea that is delicately flavored with the finest oil of bergamot and a fragrant sprinkling of blue cornflower petals. The tea comes from a Jardin Premier+, which meets strict European purity standards. A French flavor adventure!
The gold-foil lined signature black Mariage box holds 30 hand-tied cotton (muslin) teabags.
Jardin Premier+ means this tea is rigorously analyzed and checked to ensure compliance with European regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. The label Jardin Premier is reserved for teas whose exceptional purity meets the strict European regulation (ED) No. 834/2007.
- How to Steep
- Product Details
- Fun Facts
- Pairing Suggestions
1 teabag per 8 oz of water, 212°F, 3-5 min
- Unlike many other Earl Grey teas, this one is flavored with oil of bergamot
- A sophisticated Mariage Frères Indian black tea blend is flavored with oil of bergamot and cornflower petals for a medium-bodied cup of tea
- The flavors that define Earl Grey are floral and citrus peel
- Natural oil of bergamot is very expensive and used widely in the perfume industry
- Much of the Earl Grey tea in the U.S. is not flavored with actual oil of bergamot
- Chocolate croissant
- Pancakes, French toast, oatmeal or waffles with dark chocolate chips
- Any afternoon tea fare from sweet and savory tea sandwiches to scones with clotted cream
- Any dark or milk chocolate dessert
- Any vanilla cream dessert
Chinese organic black tea, blue cornflowers, oil of bergamot flavoring.